Home >> Articles >> Recipes
1 x recipe fresh-cut tomato salsa
6 tomatoes finely diced
1 jalapeno pepper, minced
1/2 small red onion, minced
1/3 bunch cilantro, stemmed and finely chopped
juice of 1 lime
1 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl, stir gently by thoroughly. Transfer and server, or cover and refrigerate.
1 x recipe mango salsa
2 mangoes, finely diced
1/4 red pepper, finely diced
1/4 red onion, finely diced
1 serrano chile, minced
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
1. Combine all prepared ingredients in a bowl, mix together and season with salt.
8 oz (227g) of 7-grain tempeh
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 small green cabbage, finely shredded
12 good quality corn tortillas
2 cups shredded aged white cheddar, or jack cheese
1. Prepare the salsas and set aside. Slice the tempeh rectangle in half lengthwise. Slice halves crosswise into 1/4" thick
batons. Heat oil in a skillet and add the tempeh. Fry until golden brown on all sides and set aside.
2. Re-heat the skillet and brush with oil. Fry the tortillas, one or more at a time. Cook one side until small bubbles
appear on the underside. Flip, sprinkle with cheese and cook briefly until the cheese begins to melt.
Transfer to a plate and cover with a clean kitchen towel until all of the tortillas are cooked. Alternately, eat the
tortillas fresh as they are cooked (this will prevent them from sitting around too long and getting crispy as they
3. To assemble, load ecah tortilla with shredded cabbage, a few tempeh sticks, top with salsas and sprinkle with hot
sauce and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.